Friday, February 03, 2006

To clearer waters

The three days and nights that we spent on Koh Chang were nice, charming really but it just didn't have the same spark as Koh Tao. The water is murky from river effluent and the beach had this mysterious black silt-like sand. This was fine because I basically spent two days reading, and I discovered my new favorite book for the moment. 'Memoirs of a Geisha' is a beautiful book with all the things I love reading about, creative imagery, enchanting story, a bit of history and of course it must be addictive and it was, I loved it. You should all read it. I loved sitting in hammock all day and just reading as the sun passes through the sky. Now I have started 'The Puma's Shadow' (fiction)about Inca culture in south America, and it looks promising. Tomorrow we are going to the Surin Islands and I am very excited about this, it is the number three top dive destination in the world! We wont be diving unfortunately but we have snorkeling gear. We will be camping on the beach for a week and swimming every day...ahhhh yeah! I hope to see the Malayan flying Lemur and sea turtles and maybe even a whale shark would be cool. If only I had an underwater camera. Ok so no contact for a week because there is hardly electricity on the island but I will talk to you all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home