Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Gentle Awakening

The bus to Chaing Mai was not that comfortable (but about as good as it gets for riding a bus anyway) I couldn't sleep but read "Girl with a Pearl earring" -good but not great. I was 5 pages from the end and the bus driver turned off my light- that really sucked. However we decided to stay at the guesthouse that we were dropped off at-quiet and cheap and the big bonus is a comfortable bed. The last guesthouse bed was almost plywood. So it turned out that the gamble with the super cheap bus turned out.
I fell into a deep sleep and awakened to birds chirping and warm sunshine sunshine, gentle mulling about on the ground below. I felt that the suffocating nature of Bangkok was finally lifted. As if that wasn't enough we found a funky and serene "Roof Top Bar", also called "THC bar" to watch the sunset and drink beer and tea from. That was truly awesome.
We also met Ori, a young Israeli man and we have made plans to go to a national park with him tomorrow, it is on the tallest mountain in Thailand.
We have made a light itinerary of going on a sort of loop around the north western part of Thailand to the areas not too touristy and more authentic in nature -however this comes from the most published guidebook in the world so we will have to see.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

roof top bar? meeting an israeli guy in chiang mai?

I feel like you are reliving my trip!!!
I did both those things!

I was talking to a Thai guy online the other day and he said there is a safari in Chiang Mai that is not to be missed. Ask about it if you can. It's wasn't there when we were.

-Katya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home