Monday, November 28, 2005

A Piece of Pai

Pai is a mass of contradictions.
Remote village tribespeople right next to the 7/11. You can buy native handycrafts here as well as puffy-jackets. There is almost as many forign people here as Thais, so I naturally have mixed feelings about Pai. Yesterday we walked up to this mountain temple and the view was amazing. I love all the Jungle. Today was so great though...we rented motorcycles, and it was so much fun! I wasn't sure how I would like it but it's great. I love to go really really fast. It's not even automatic, so we learned how, all of us for the first time today. Dan's bike was having problems and Michelle was not so confident but Ori and I went really fast all the time. Tomarrow we will go to a canyon and to hotsprings.
A small note about the bus ride up, it really made me realize how spoiled we really are. The public bus to Pai was not only crowded but packed sardine-like, and oh yeah it was rediculous uncomfortable. At first I was very miserable, our assigned seats were taken and we were crammed into a much worse spot. Then i saw all the Thais around me, how this is the ONLY way for them, mabe everyday and realized that sometimes, life is suffering, and that is ok, my mood brightened and I was able to enjoy the rest of the ride in a better mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home